Finance & Billing Assistant
Portland, ME 04101 US
Full Job Description
- Create, review and distribute monthly draft pre-bills (proformas) to Firm attorneys.
- Review proformas returned electronically and perform action(s) requested via the 3E billing system.
- Complete and distribute final invoices internally to the appropriate legal assistants and billing attorneys.
- Set up and maintain client accounts in the e-Billing Hub and third-party billing vendor sites. Submit invoices through these sites and proactively manage rejections. Consistently review all e-billing client policies, guidelines, and matter-based issues. Proactively communicate issues to the appropriate billing attorneys to maximize receivables collection.
- Monitor and resolve inquiries from attorneys and legal assistants.
- Provide backup support to other Finance staff and functions (i.e. Accounts Receivable & Collections, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable and Trust Accounting).
- Related experience preferred but will train.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting, billing or other related: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)