Biddeford, ME 04005
In this role the individual will work closely with the quality assurance manager to maintain develop and implement quality system methods and procedures to ensure they are in compliance with identified standards and regulations and ensure compliance of first article and production items to customer requirements.
- Proactive review and improvement of quality assurance systems, processes, and quality procedures to ensure compliance to ISO9001/AS9100 standards and customer quality requirements.
- Develop and maintain Configuration Management disciplines, tools, and practices to ensure that products and services meet customer requirements
- Represent quality assurance on new product and technology teams. Identify any unique customer requirements for workmanship or traceability
- Develop and maintain quality assurance systems related to supplier management (qualification, auditing, scorecards, complaint and corrective action reports, etc.).
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Customers maintaining and improving customer s existing product.
- Lead and support First Article Inspection Planning and Reports.
- Lead and support problem solving activities and corrective action implementation as assigned.
- Review customer and internal drawings; report back to interested parties of required changes or corrections.
- Prepare reports for management review related to quality metrics and continuous improvement activities with the customer, vendors and internal departments
- Actively participate in Internal Audit program
- Support, cooperate with, and participate in company-wide Lean improvement initiatives
- Complete QA projects as required assigned by Quality Manager,
- Comply with all company policies, practices, and standards;
- Comply with all Environmental Health and Safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- 5 years of related experience in aerospace or defense industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control
- Proficiency with FMEA and Control Plan application
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise/experience in working with and meeting customers and/or suppliers requirements.
- Experience leading teams in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Quality Assurance practices and procedures expertise.
- Applied knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, TQM and basic descriptive statistics.
- Experience working with ISO 9001 (required) and AS9100 standards (preferred).
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with composite design and manufacturing
- Experience with composites manufacturing and process engineering preferred.
- ASQ Certification CQE
- AS 9102
- NDE/NDT NAS 410 & ASTM 1742
- $2, 000 sign-on bonus
- Medical Dental and Vision (effective on date of hire)
- PTO (paid time off)
- 8 paid holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401 (k) plan with employer match