Records Operations Support
Bangor, ME 04401 | Temp
Records Operations Support (I, II & III)
FUNCTION: Performs a variety of clerical and technical functions in support of the Records Management Department.
- Performs document scanning/indexing function
- Reviews scanned/indexed documents for quality control by verifying images are correctly indexed and that the scanned documents are complete and viewable
- Completes scanning/indexing/quality control tasks in a timely manner in accordance with established department metrics
- Assists the Mail Room with sorting incoming mail and assists with accepting deliveries in the receiving bay
- Performs research function. Utilizes multiple Bank resources to obtain time sensitive information for internal and external customers in accordance with established department metrics
- Responds to incoming research requests (via e-mail / telephone) in a timely manner and in accordance with established department metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager and assists other employees within the department as needed
- Proactively communicates with manager, team members and internal/external customers to ensure timely resolution of all problems and customer complaints
- Ensures adherence to various Service Level Agreements (SLA s) with other departments and communicates breaches to manager
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Adaptability/Flexibility Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges.
- Strong knowledge of numerous operating systems within the Bank.
- Initiative Takes action operates as a pro-active self-starter, acts on opportunities to improve.
- Integrity/Ethics Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills Has good listening skills.
- Productivity Manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability.
- Teamwork Promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others, willingly assists co-workers and shares responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college, business or banking professional training helpful
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic working knowledge of banking applications
- Proficiency with Jack Henry system preferred
- Synergy experience preferred for Level III, encouraged for Level I and II
- Microsoft Outlook and Excel proficiency
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written required
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- General office equipment
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.