Registered Nurse - Med/Sur/Peds
Machias, ME 04654
The Registered Nurse directs and coordinates members of the patient care team, focusing on the provision of individualized quality patient care consistent with Hospital and Maine State standards. The Registered Nurse will develop the patient care plan in partnership with the physicians, other patient care team members, the patient, and, if applicable, the patient s family.
Demonstrates professional nursing practice skills of an RN utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients, appropriate to the age of the patient ie. Pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, on the unit.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for meeting the established Medical-Surgical Standards of Nursing Practice, for supervising assigned direct care staff and for care of supplies and equipment on the unit. The Registered Nurse shall promote teamwork with medical staff and personnel throughout the hospital with relation to the unit. Additionally, the Registered Nurse shall adhere to hospital policies regarding confidentiality, sexual harassment, advance directive and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Maine or Authorization to Practice pending licensure by endorsement
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current BCLS
- Acute care experience preferred
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire for experienced nurses and within one year for newly licensed RNs.
- Excellent assessment, communication, computer, and documentation skills needed.
- Ability to function independently