Portland, ME US
Position offers 4 day work week From Memorial Day to Labor Day. Immediate opening due to retirement. The position works closely with Controller as an Assistant.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for billing to parishes, schools and cemeteries, Magazine ads (bi-monthly), cash receipts data entry, payroll for employees (bi-weekly) and (monthly); accounts payable check/ach issuance (weekly), accounts payable recurring payments (monthly and quarterly), account reconciliation and journal entries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Enter cash receipts for; Annual Appeal credit card and ACH transactions; , health insurance fund, and health and pension funds.
2. Maintain bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
3. Communicate with customers (internal and external) regarding all aspects of billing
4. Generate and send out invoices, allocating, following up and collecting payments.
5. Perfom account reconciliations and monitoring customers’ account details
Run accounts payable checks/ACHs weekly, monthly and quarterly. Review and send out annual 1099’s
Run monthly statements for accounts receivable and review balances. Research and outstanding balances and credit balances to discuss with Controller and Director of Parish Financial Services in monthly meeting.
Payroll data entry and processing for employees (bi-weekly and monthly). .
Billing for the health and pension; compensation and other miscellaneous items.
- 2-5 years of experience with payroll, billing and/or accounts payable required.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform outlined tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility and multi-tasking required
- Ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate information to various levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of general record keeping, bookkeeping practices and terminology
- Ability to perform calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages
- Ability to interpret and apply instructions and guidelines to specific situations
- Ability to maintain records and files in document management software.
- Ability to reconcile dates, research, and resolve issues and propose necessary corrections
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office, Teams (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skill working with multiple databases/software, Sage Intacct experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- payroll: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person