Front Desk Assistant
Portland, ME US
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 2-10pm
Campus and Community Experience – Provides a welcoming and informative experience for all team members, learners, and community members visiting the campus by leading people through the check-in process and connecting them to necessary resources as they enter the campus. Coordinates the entry area experience. Answers the phone, oversees the inbox, and sends/receives mail while escalating questions to the appropriate team members. Maintains a high standard of aesthetic organization of campus fixtures, furniture, and equipment. Addresses day-to-day troubleshooting questions brought up by campus users.
Conducts internet research for data collection, researching travel options, and working with various university resources to ensure technical support for office equipment during regular business hours and evening classes. Assists with staffing meetings and classes to ensure proper setup and arrangements. Assists with ordering, picking up, and setting up events.
Tends to the basic cleaning and tidying of the kitchen area during the day.
Operation Support – In coordination with the Director of Operations, facilitates campus operation projects by providing status updates and communicating with vendors. Receives campus operation feedback and field questions and concerns to the Director of Operations in a detailed manner.
Enrollment Support – In coordination with the Enrollment Team, assists with initial outreach to prospective students. Collects notes and schedule meetings with students and enrollment coaches. Supports ad hoc projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a customer-first, can-do, anything-is-possible attitude. The successful candidate is often the first face of the Roux Institute and therefore must demonstrate our values of a welcoming, inclusion, and dynamism to our community members.
- Demonstrate maturity, diplomacy, common sense, close attention to detail, professionalism and a team-oriented approach and be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve office technology issues and has the ability to organize, manage, and conceptualize projects.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills as well as strong interpersonal and communications skills are a must.
- Excellent computer skills coupled with the ability to conduct internet research on a variety of topics, effectively utilizing Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access as well as the Adobe Suite including InDesign.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $23.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Work Location: In person