Insurance Rater Trainee
Responsible for the accurate and timely rating and issuance of the primary lines of business of commercial insurance (Workers’ Compensation, Automobile, Property, General Liability, and Umbrella) and the transaction types using both manual and automated methods. Work effectively with the necessary parties and following the appropriate workflow and procedures to ensure the results meets our service level standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in a training program to learn the primary aspects of rating property & casualty insurance, which incorporates the Kaplan Rating Pictorials
- Adhere to written authority level and refer items that exceed authority
- Rates and issues using both manual and automated methods for all commercial lines of business
- Establish strong working relationships with colleagues and management staff
- Under direct supervision, perform the basic functions of rating processing endorsements, new business, renewals, cancelations, rapid renewals, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all software applications that support the rating role and responsibility
- Interprets instructions from underwriting and other parties to accurately handle all transactions
- Provide high level of customer service and achieve the departmental service level standards
- Use rating and procedure manuals to accurately classify, rate and process policies
- Actively participate in team discussions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.