• Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
• Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
• Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress.
• Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Summary of Requirements:
• Proficiency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with proven ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Kind and professional demeanor with flexible attitude towards daily tasks.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Prior experience as an administrative or executive assistant, legal assistant/secretary, or paralegal.
Benefits and Scheduling:
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Monday through Friday