Westbrook, ME 04092
As a member of the team, the Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for providing an extraordinary experience to members coming to us for a mortgage loan. The extraordinary experience is measured by Elements of an Extraordinary Experience: Remembered, Heard, Confident, Trust, Surprised, and Proud. In collaboration with an assigned Member Specialist, the Processor collaborates on building and deepening the member’s relationship with the credit union by identifying additional products and services that would benefit the member. Specific to this role, the Processor processes and closes mortgage loans in accordance with sound underwriting practices as set out in policy and procedure. The Processor obtains and completes due diligence items to ensure timely and accurate file closure that meets and/or exceeds the member’s expectation for ease, accuracy and timeliness of the loan closing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assures application fees, appraisal fees and other fees related to the processing of a mortgage loan are collected and processed according to policies and procedures.
• Orders appropriate documentation to include but not limited to verification of employment, flood determinations, appraisals and title work.
• Reviews and processes all income, assets, and liability documentation to assure the mortgage request meets the requirements established.
• Obtains and reviews preliminary title commitment from title companies.
• Corresponds and works with members to resolve questions regarding application information and / or to clear residual conditions required to close the loan.
• Evaluates the information within the Loan Origination System (LOS) to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Prepares all required Real Estate closing documents in accordance with regulations once processing is complete.
• Coordinates closings with members, vendors, or attorneys.
• Sends final mortgage documents to closing agents, members, and the corresponding MS via electronic format or other means.
• Orders final Verification of Employment and Homeowners Insurance for anticipated closings.
• Analyze the member’s financial situation and collaborate with the assigned MS regarding opportunities to cross-sell products and services to members.
• Additional loan products such as auto, credit card or HELOCs, and checking, and Investment & Retirement Services.
• Serves as the primary back up to the Mortgage Opener.
• Assist members via phone by answering calls that come in through the mortgage hunt group.
• Researches and corrects errors on accounts.
• Works to maintain an error-free client file and ensures all borrower specific information, financing disclosure statements and closings are confidential, well filed, and stored in electronic format according to the standards of the law.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Utilize the credit union's data processing capability in loading new loan information in the system.
• Operate the kinds of office equipment normally found in a lending operation, such as:
typewriter, adding machine, telephone, fax machine, photocopier, and personal computer.
• Operate a PC using the following software applications Windows, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Refer credit union products and services based on member needs.
• Process a steady workload under strict time constraints.
• Process Real Estate Loans.
• Understand and interpret information required to remain in compliance with secondary market underwriting criteria.
• Analyze appraisals, debt to income, and an understanding of qualities that effect credit worthiness.
Summary of Requirements:
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree, compliance training, mortgage processing and lending experience plus three years of related experience and/or training.
• Acceptable Credit History
• Communication Skills
• Mathematical Skills
• Reasoning Ability
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or control; reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus are required by this job.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kristi has come on board as our newest recruiter, and is already tearing it up in the Bank/Credit Union Big Leagues. After serving in a series of promoted roles with increasing responsibilities over 5 years at TD Bank, Kristi has set her sights on becoming one of the best Community Bank/Credit Union recruiters in the State – and she has come out of the gates quickly.
Our customers have already discovered Kristi is a consummate professional who delivers. She has developed a robust candidate following in her Vertical, and is making successful matches in the industry. Her focus, dedication, and professionalism make her stand apart – and we decided we like having her around!
Kristi has a BS in Social and Behavioral Science from the University of Southern Maine and is certified in Business Process Fundamentals.