Topsham, ME 04086
Managing patient flow and physician time management.
- Assisting the physician and carrying out his/her instructions.
- Carrying out instructions of the Clinical Coordinator or Practice Manager.
- Communicating with patients to assure the efficient flow of information regarding their care.
- Completes Medical Assistant CBO Tool.
- Managing patient flow by escorting patients to exam rooms, taking vital signs and highlighting the reason for the visit for the physician, always keeping in mind making the most of the physician' s time.
- Verifying all information necessary to the visit is in the patient chart prior to appointment.
- Process medication refills as ordered by physician.
- Maintaining exam rooms including cleaning and stocking.
- Processing lab work and test results.
- Assisting physician when necessary and documenting in chart as necessary.
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments according to OSHA standards.
- Ordering medical supplies, pharmaceutical supplies, and other paper products as needed.
- Performing lab and diagnostic procedures according to OSHA standards.
- Returning patient calls.
- Filling out facility charge grid and super bill to ensure proper charges for the visit.