Member Service Representative
Biddeford, ME US
Performs a variety of duties to provide member services by receiving, paying out and keeping accurate records of all monies involved in paying and receiving transactions and acting in accordance with credit union security and regulatory requirements. Handles all member interactions/transactions in a professional, courteous, and confidential manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Welcome members and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transferring amounts from member accounts as directed, issuing money orders, official checks and VISA cash advances.
· Provide members with routine information concerning services and directs members to the Sales & Service department for specialized services.
· Cashing checks within the limits assigned or referring members to management for authorization.
· Processing share deposits and withdrawals, and verifying signatures when necessary.
· Sorts all incoming credit union mail and processes teller mail on a daily basis; coordinates the outgoing mail.
· Responsible for upholding Infinity’s security policies and procedures.
· Responsible for end-of-day procedures including balancing of cash drawer, official checks, money orders, and scanning and endorsing check deposits for FISC.
· Promoting and cross-selling credit union services as determined by department goals and rally/promotional challenges.
· Ask high-impact questions to uncover member needs.
· Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input, and providing backup coverage for the receptionist.
· Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
· Must be able to work Saturdays 9am-noon.
· High school Graduate, though Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail
· Punctual in order to support members and team members
· Function well in a team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Schedule flexibility
· Positive and motivated
· Prior sales experience preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Kristi has come on board as our newest recruiter, and is already tearing it up in the Bank/Credit Union Big Leagues. After serving in a series of promoted roles with increasing responsibilities over 5 years at TD Bank, Kristi has set her sights on becoming one of the best Community Bank/Credit Union recruiters in the State – and she has come out of the gates quickly.
Our customers have already discovered Kristi is a consummate professional who delivers. She has developed a robust candidate following in her Vertical, and is making successful matches in the industry. Her focus, dedication, and professionalism make her stand apart – and we decided we like having her around!
Kristi has a BS in Social and Behavioral Science from the University of Southern Maine and is certified in Business Process Fundamentals.