Patient Service Representative
Portland, ME US
This is a GREAT opportunity for candidates seeking a rewarding administrative position within healthcare with a fantastic, supportive team and room for growth.
This position is a temporary role that would be converted to a permanent position for the right person.
1. Greets each patient as they enter the practice in a professional, caring manner and is warm in welcoming patients and vendors.
2. Performs patient check-in/check-out process with all patients. Reviews the patient chart to determine what registration information is needed from the patient at the time of check-in. Ensures patient records are accurate and up-to-date including patient name, address, date of injury, payer information, etc. by verifying existing information or entering updated data into the computer system.
3. Performs insurance verification as appropriate to ensure accurate billing to appropriate insurance for the patient encounter(s).
4. Collects co-pays and outstanding balances at the time of service. Completes daily payment reconciliation.
5. Scans medical documentation into electronic health records or other document imaging system(s) as needed.
6. Maintain open communication with clinical staff to minimize interruptions to the providers’ schedules.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday