Registered Nurse- OB
Machias, ME 04654
JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE - OB RN
Under the general direction of the Unit Director, independently provides holistic, individualized care using the nursing process for patients routinely seen on the unit. Demonstrates clinical competency, nursing judgment, teaching skills, as well as a commitment to improving the quality of patient care. Independently performs general and unit specific clinical skills. Performs the functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all assigned patient care under supervision of the Charge Nurse. Is responsible for adhering to all Standards of Nursing Practice, implementing and evaluating the age appropriate care of all patients in the department (antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, nursery and post-op gyn patients), for managing supplies and equipment, and for promoting teamwork with physicians and personnel of the unit and other hospital departments. RN adheres to hospital policies regarding confidentiality, sexual harassment, advance directives and American Disabilities Act. Performs Charge Nurse duties as needed. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and supports the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- One year minimum of acute care experience as an RN.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Successfully completes general nursing and unit orientation.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certificate within 6 months of hire.
- STABLE and ALSO certifications within one year of hire or as soon as able to coordinate given infrequent offerings
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring principles and assessment competency within 3 months of hire