Portland, ME US
This position is responsible for performing appointment scheduling for a high-volume multi-physician specialty care practice, including coordination of surgeries, and/or surgical procedures.
- Schedules, reschedules, confirm and cancel patient appointments according to established protocol and using judgment.
- Coordinates appointments between offices and hospital. Obtains specific patient information to ensure accurate scheduling.
- Greets and assists all patients in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. Checks patients in and confirms demographic and billing information, updates information in database. Checks out patients, ensuring charge slips are completed; collects co pays and other payments as necessary and submits appropriate documents to billing in a timely manner.
- Answers telephone assisting caller directly when possible; screens call and takes detailed messages and distributes messages timely.
- Prints, copies and distributes appointment schedules. Works closely with clinical staff on a daily basis to identify and resolve problem areas with scheduling and patient flow.
- Processes all incoming faxes.
- Prepares patient charts, ensuring that all relevant medical information is available, including medical records and diagnostic studies from other offices/facilities.