Surety Underwriter Assistant
Falmouth, ME US
Temp to hire preferred. Direct hire possible for candidate with commercial insurance, construction management experience.
Summary: Under limited supervision, and with some independent judgement, organizes and controls the day-to-day administrative and underwriting activities for an assigned portfolio and/or region for contract and commercial surety by performing the following repetitive duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Receive/organize all annual/quarterly issued corporate financial statements, Work in Process/Accounts Receivable schedules.
2. Receive/log all bid bond and final bond requests. Electronically file all relevant correspondence as per established standards. Maintain current bond exposure per contractor via Excel and/or Google sheet inputs.
3. Maintains Bond Pro software environment by accurately entering all relevant account underwriting data, all data related to bond issuance, and all bond claims data. Proficient with creating and distributing management reports generated from Bond Pro.
4. Complete all electronic filing of received information. Files individual Outlook emails/email attachments per established standards.
5. Travel requirements: Annual/quarterly domestic travel to regional offices for training and development. Participates in group events/training activities as needed.
6. Tracks all open items/documents needed and actively maintains accurate files containing current & required information per contractor and/or agency. Communicates with supervisor(s) and/or agents as to missing items or unclear information.
7. Performs accurate data input into Excel, Google Drive, and/or BondPro software as per established standards. Perform data inputs on a repetitive basis as needed. Asks question as necessary for maintaining accuracy and consistency.
8. Assists in securing due diligence/credit reports and collecting other account information as needed.
9. Perform financial analysis/trending calculations for established financial metrics such as:
a. Work in process trends- profit fade, overbilling/underbilling trend, etc.
b. Financial statement trends- working capital & equity needs, cash flow, debt ratio, related entities, etc.
10. Within designated authority, and in accordance with the standards established for Frankenmuth Surety, identifies class codes, accurately determines premiums, calculates commissions, tracks customer bid activity, performs basic financial data analysis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yarmouth, ME: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance