97A Exchange Street Portland, ME 04101
Issue all lines of marine insurance including new business, renewals and endorsements, and assist the department in maintaining workflow standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Under direct supervision, perform the basic functions of pre-underwriting new business, renewals and cancelations
- Use marine and procedure manuals to accurately classify, and prep policies
- Communicate with agents to request missing information necessary to process work
- Interpret instructions from underwriting and other parties to accurately process all transactions
- Provide high level of customer service and maintain the departmental service level standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of all software applications that support the marine role and responsibility
- Actively participate in team discussions
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues and management staff
- All other duties as assigned
6 month experience in administrative work; insurance experience preferred but not required.